CNA market talk forum

Here is our very own Fun House. While the others sell funds, we sell fun. Chat anything you want, make it humorous if you can, and let's have fun!

Moderators: ghchua, boing, dowz, Drizzt

CNA market talk forum

Postby Starry » 04 Oct 2007, 13:41

I just realise that the CNA market talk forum can be quite a good sentiment indicator. Looking at some of the post, you can sense the greed and fear of the participants in the market. It's pretty obvious. The noise there is greater than the trading pit itself.
Starry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newcastle » 04 Oct 2007, 13:45

mate no kidding..got to check it out...

but the noise should not distract from the fundamentals... :)
newcastle
Active Contributor
Active Contributor

Postby kleer » 04 Oct 2007, 13:56

Starry,

You are absolutely right. I frequent that forum often mostly to get a feel of the mass market sentiment.

In fact I also use the number of daily unique visitors to my blog as an indicator. Just before the correction I was averaging almost 1,200 visitors daily. In August, that number dropped to 500, and now its "rebounded" to 800.

Another good sign is the number of IPOs. Whenever you have a large number of IPOs being released and most of them double in price upon opening, you can be sure that the market is almost reaching its short term peak.

People say that you can never predict the market, but if fact you don't need to be a TA expert to see the signs. People just don't see them because they are too greedy.
http://extraordinaryprofits.blogspot.com/
My personal investment blog.
kleer
Listed Entity
Listed Entity

Postby kanglc » 04 Oct 2007, 14:20

Another "advantage" of internet forums! ::lol:
kanglc
Listed Entity
Listed Entity

Postby kanglc » 04 Oct 2007, 14:24

By the way, starry, someone put the link to your article over there:
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewto ... a4445ecc9a

Quote: "This is the best local article I have read on the market going ahead. ... Really amazing stuff and when he talks, people listen." :thumbleft:
kanglc
Listed Entity
Listed Entity

Return to The Fun House